Date(s) - 02/12/2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Mason Enterprise Center
We have all heard of a sales pipeline and we all know we are supposed to keep it “full.” But filling the pipeline with unqualified opportunities with a low probability of win can lead to down-troughs and revenue gaps. Yet, throwing all your resources behind one or two opportunities per fiscal year that will not pay off for years is also a risky approach. With careful strategic planning, forecasting and meaningful metrics, businesses can keep their sales pipelines robust and make relatively accurate revenue projections. And, ultimately, the more accurate your revenue projections are, the higher your enterprise value.
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- How to create an opportunity Bid/No Bid Scoring Worksheet based on your company’s strategic goals
- A consistent approach for calculating a Win Probability percentage for each opportunity
- How to track the company’s rolling pipeline value
- How to forecast projected revenue
- How to create a simple dashboard for at-a-glance analysis of pipeline health
This method is meant to be done with an Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint and does not require an expensive pipeline management tool. It is a solid approach for getting your hands on the levers and dials of your bid machine so that your proposal dollars are used wisely.
*2/12 date is the rescheduled class postponed from 10/23*